Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It was the dog.

Link




















Photo courtesy Quaker Parrots


Hmm. This isn't so good. My raw diet has been having an unwanted and socially embarrassing effect on me. Yes, I'm a bit whiffy. All of this ruffage is giving me wind! I'm hoping it's a temporary phase or I'm going to have to invest in a charcoal cushion to sit on at work!! I'm pretty sure it's my body getting rid of all the gunk and adjusting to it's new fuel.... fingers crossed! After all I've only been 3 days raw.

My regular kefir smoothie, fruit, veg and brazil nuts through the day today. Tonight I had a scrummy dinner of a lovely salad! I reek of garlic now, but it was so worth it! (Maybe that will overpower my stinky pop-offs! hehe)

Red and Green Salad

Salad
1/2 a large avocado
1/2 a red capsicum
1/2 a punnet of juicy red tom thumb tomatoes
1/2 a lebanese crunchy cucumber
big handful of basil
big handful of mint

Dressing
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons of flax seed oil
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt

Chop everything up, mix and eat! Mmmm, mmm. It was divine!

For supper I had a couple of slices of watermelon followed by 4 squares of raw dark chocolate. So good.

Actually something strange happened today! At work we all were shouted lunch from Noodle Box. I didn't really want any (trying to have as much raw as I can) but felt very pressured to have some too. I ordered a vegetarian teriyaki salad (it still had noodles in it) but when it came there was beef in it, so I couldn't eat it! Maybe the universe was helping me out! haha I was really relieved, I didn't fancy eating all of that sugary dressing or the soggy noodles and got to make my own. Nipped down the shops and got a few fruit and veg and ended up having: chopped cucumber and tomato with sea salt as a salad, a handful of brazil nuts and a small pot of organic biodynamic yoghurt. Perfect! Well, the yoghurt was probably pasturised, but it was a fairly good compromise. : )

2 comments:

EARTH MOTHER said...

Hmmm, everyone's digestive system is unique, but generally, most folks who move to a raw diet initially experience some digestive issues as their body starts to clear out the old "crap" built up inside of them.

Proper food combining will help things – ahem – exit more quickly and alleviate some of your tooting.

Here's a few tips:

1. Fruit should only be consumed on any empty stomach – at least three hours after a properly combined meal or, preferably, as your morning meal. Good rule of thumb: Eat it alone or leave it alone. In other words, do not combine with kefir unless you want it to ferment inside of you.

2. Fats, such as avocados or nuts, combine well with vegetables and dried fruits.

3. Bananas should not be combined with acid fruits such as pineapple or oranges.

Enter the University of Google and learn more about raw food combining.

Oh, and colon hydrotherapy works wonders.

Skinny Mum said...

Thanks for the tips hon! It's all very new and exciting! Thank goodness though, things seem to have settled down a bit over the last few days and what I did different was NOT have the kefir/banana smoothie, just plain fruit. Hmmm, you must be on to something there! :) As for colon hydrotherapy... BABY STEPS lol